at the Davila ranch

I left Doc's at 4:30 Monday morning. It's about 11:30 am Friday now, and I'm using wi-fi at the Davila Ranch shelter. One of the ranchers just came by with a cartoon of eggs for the fridge. I'm washing clothes, took a shower, charging electronics. I'm pretty happy.

i crossed the Gila over a hundred times. Wet shoes become a way of life... Weirdly, no blisters from that.

I also walked above the canyon for a while and got some great views...

Later I was in high grassy country, absolutely gorgeous.

When this surrounds you for hours and hours, it's a unique thing.

I was driven two miles around a forest fire by a really kind ranger. As I walked away to the north, I saw the flames. 

here is Typical water situation. I climbed into the tank, got the water, and now it's filtering into a bottle.

Right now I need to go make some eggs... I'm in sore need of protein!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

into Steamboat

to another border

the job is done