butte

Mister Z and a new friend LostAndFound and I popped out on Interstate 15 North of Butte after a seventy mile stretch from MacDonald Pass above Helena. LostAndFound, a fierce and energetic debating partner from the Netherlands immediately stuck out his thumb as a car came by. She stopped! We had our ride into town...

It was already a great morning, because someone left a cooler of drinks for us CDT hikers on the trail a few miles back.

Now it was even better. The only downside was that the Ramada in wouldn't let us check in until four, so we had to kill time. First, a huge breakfast. Then a gear shop and supermarket. Then some cash and conversations with people of our tribe about the best way to get to Big Sky.

Finally, LostAndFound and I decided to see a movie in the afternoon: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. Aside from overlong fight and chase scenes, it was pretty good! I expected to be taught a bunch of simplistic narratives about the old stale and pale male versus the young strong female (yawn) but in fact the two leads each had strengths and weaknesses that they could impart with mutual benefit. Plus, the Nazi villain was entertaining.

Back at the room we had a feast and watched old TV shows. Oh, we also looked at the Berkeley Pit.

This one reminded me of home and I was full of homesickness for a while...I can't wait to see my beloved Barbara again...
I'm generally busy with the trail... Joking in the day with my companions, occasionally being alone for a few hours... Twenty miles a day is the rule. No "Very Important Thoughts" 😅

See you out there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

into Steamboat

the job is done

to another border