coming out of the wilderness for a bit...

Hi everyone! I'm now in Helena to rest, and for the first time have decent internet. I'm hoping I can use a computer at the public library tomorrow to write...

Here are photos from the last section in the Bob Marshall Wilderness and the Scapegoat Wilderness areas. I saw bear sign many times a day... Once I stumbled over the partly eaten bones of an elk in the middle of the trail...I stopped to say "good gracious!" And my buddy Cory said "keep moving!" I forgot that a grizzly guards his kill, and we were probably being watched from the thick forest all around. I'm learning that they don't see us as prey, just possible competitors. As long as I follow the rules to prevent an association between people and food, I protect both myself and the bear.

Here is a picture dump...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the job is done

into Steamboat

to another border